Monday, June 13, 2011

And the drama continues...

So I get a call today from Penn in regard to a question I had about their dose of octreotide. They say that since I am having trouble finding the subcutaneous (short acting) version, I can just start on the LAR version. LAR is long acting release, and from everything I've read (and I've read a lot. a lotalot) you are never supposed to start the LAR without doing at least 2 weeks of the subq. Imagine if I was a regular old patient who hadn't spent the last 3 months educating myself about this disease and all its foibles? Mamma mia!

So then I call CVS to see if they can just reactivate the script that I handed in from the oncologist last week. They check their computer, and they have no prescription at all for Octreotide, from either doctor. So now I'm back at square one, exactly where I was last Monday. No Octreotide and 20 flushes per day. Good times. I have a call into my onco to see if she can re-prescribe, but who knows if she is even still speaking to me after I dropped her first script like a hot potato after seeing the guy at Penn.

Fingers crossed for some good luck today.

No comments: