Tuesday, June 14, 2011

soooooo.....


So my onco's office called me back around 3:30. Turns out she is on vacation this week, but they've read the note I left for her and are going to try and get the prescription for me. They call back a few minutes later to confirm that I am going to go with their prescription, and not the Penn description. I say yes, I am going with them. No matter what. They call back a few minutes later to tell me the other onco in the office is going to write it, and to confirm that I am going to be self injecting other than the first dose which will be in the office. Yes and yes. That was the last call I had, so hopefully they are speaking to the other onco and I have a feeling he is going to want to see me before writing the script. Maybe we're making progress here, but I don't want to be too optimistic.

I have a busy day tomorrow. Set alarm for 6 am so I can begin my 24 hour urine test for 5-HIAA. Google that one if you want to see how much fun it is. After that, I need to head over to Paoli Hospital to have some blood drawn to test my neurokinin-a and pancreastatin levels. After that, I have an appointment with my primary care physician to just check in and update her on what's going on. At one point I was dropping off requests for her every day, and the last time I was there they set up a sort of "preemptive" appointment to stop me from bugging them every day. I just love them there! After that, I expect that I will stop by the onco's office just to see if they have a prescription for me.

After that though, who knows, maybe I can relax on my day off! But probably not.

No comments: