Saturday, August 9, 2014

Marmot caramels

When we were in Chamonix, I saw some cute little souvenir caramels. They had a cute little marmot on the package, and he was eating a caramel.  First off, let me say that I have been to Swiss mountain towns twice (or 4 times if you count two different towns on two different trips). I have never once seen or heard a marmot. I'm pretty sure they don't exist. So honestly, the marmot on these caramels was the closest I was going to get to seeing a Marmot in Switzerland.

I had the vague notion that these caramels would be some sort of souvenir for someone back home. However, if you know me, you have probably never received a souvenir from me. Everything is so cute that I just end up keeping it for myself. I sometimes give Gavin the Happy Meal toys I get while I'm there, but that's about it. Selfish Kristin strikes again.

So naturally, I was feeling snacky one evening and decided to bust into the caramels. These caramels are flat. And hard and chewy. Not soft and squishy. And they were oh so delicious. I had a few in my bag when we returned to the states, but I ended up binge-eating them the day after we got back. Damn it. So now I'm on the hunt for these damn marmot caramels. There is no manufacturer on the package. I can find pictures of similar products online, but not a way to order them. 

Online, the trader joe's caramels looked pretty similar and were only $2.99, so I ventured out to check them out this morning. For 3 bucks I can hardly go wrong. Well sadly, they are not flat and square, nor are they hard and chewy. Maaaaaaaybe if I stick them in the fridge they might be okay, but for now the search continues.

No comments: