Thursday, May 15, 2014

Why can't there be a middle ground?

You guys, one week ago today I was complaining about how much I had to do. With 20 pages worth of papers due in a 2 day period, I was so over school. I kept thinking, "this isn't fun. From now on I'm only doing things that are fun. I'm gonna go to Starbucks every day and read books that I want to read and not write any stupid papers." Now, a mere 7 days later, I've had my fill of free time.

Why can't there be something between zero and sixty?

Last year I graduated and spent the summer "writing my grad school essay." I spent my free time drawing, reading Jung, hiking, running, doing physical therapy for too much hiking and running, traveling, hanging out with friends, etc. Maybe I just need a few more weeks to get in the groove of relaxing?

4 months of school+The Longest Winter Ever+new medication that wipes me out for 18 days every month=a very out of shape Kristin. I did yoga for the first time in 4 months this week and thought I was going to pass out. I think I'm going to pass out every time I do yoga, but this time I almost stepped out of the studio to gather myself. The day after that, I had to keep pace with one of my professors on a walk from Main Hall to Market Street. I was so winded that I could barely carry on a conversation with her. Last year I was probably in the best shape of my life, this year I can see that I am not.

I'm just looking for some middle ground here....

No comments: