Sunday, May 6, 2012

Just checking in...

Hamming it up before treatment.
I had my PRRT treatment in Basel, Switzerland on April 26th.  So today is 10 days post treatment. It's hard to tell whether the symptoms I feel now are due to jet lag, treatment, or messed up potassium levels. Or perhaps a combination of everything. One day I seem okay, and the next day I have zero energy. It feels like the day before you get the flu....all achy and weak and nauseous. It's reminiscent of my post surgery recovery in some ways. One day at a time.

Over the next five weeks, my white blood cell count will drop, but at the 6 week mark should start to pick up again (knock on wood). I guess I'll have to stay away from sick people. Like I don't already avoid them like the plague. I'm a germophobe.

Switzerland was completely awesome. Basel is so cute. So many stories to tell y'all over the next few weeks. But there is no place like home, and I was so happy to see my cat, and have soft toilet paper, and have ICE...glorious ICE in my beverages!

That's all for now.

No comments: